Saturday, December 24, 2011

Happy Chanukkah

I've been very frustrated this year about the lack of scrapbooking supplies available for Chanukkah. I searched on Joann's.com and the search yielded 4 items. A cherry on Top yielded a few more and luckily they had some papers. I find this ridiculous and also unfair - there are a lot of scrapbookers that I know that happen to be Jewish. Last year, I had used the Crafting Jewish Style kits and was eager this year for an updated kit...alas, when I emailed them they said they weren't coming out with anything new this season. So I was on my own. This is what I've come up with so far:

I created these cards by cutting the dreidels with the cricut. I used Make the Cut to create the shapes (btw: the new version of the Make the Cut software is NOT compatible with the cricut as a reult of a lawsuit from Provocraft). I pieced the dreidels together and finished off the hay and shin with some blue Stickles.


The sentiment is from the Papertrey Jewish Add-ons set, though again there wasn't a whole lot to choose from. I found out later that Stampin' Up has some nice Jewish themed stamps and I bought a couple.

Lastly, I made this to hang over our fire place:

No comments: